Provider cannot be found. It may not be properly installed
How to fix the error "Provider cannot be found. It may not be properly installed"?
This error comes in several cases:
1. when you don't have the necessary OLE DB Providers to connect to your database.
2. when the bitness of the installed database driver differs from the used version of the software. (the 32-bit driver and the 64-bit software and vice versa).
You can search the internet for appropriate drivers. Links to some of them are given below. They are the latest on the date of writing this article (May 8, 2018), but please check for newer versions if the current date significantly differs from the given.
- Microsoft Access Database Engine 2016 Redistributable
- Microsoft® OLE DB Driver 18 for SQL Server® (The current version of FlySpeed SQL Query doesn't have support for it; we will add it soon.)
- Microsoft® ODBC Driver 13.1 for SQL Server® (latest supported version)
- Microsoft® SQL Server® Compact 4.0 SP1 (SQL Server CE)