How to query data from multiple Excel workbooks?
Although it's not possible only by means of FlySpeed SQL Query, you can unite these files by linking them into a single MS Access database and then connecting FlySpeed SQL Query to this database.
To link an Excel sheet to MS Access database, follow the steps below:
- Create a blank database or open an existing file in Access.
- Select File, Get External Data, Link Tables.
- Select Microsoft Excel as the file type.
- Select a worksheet or named range to import (see Figure 4), and then click Next. You can import only one worksheet or named range at a time, and each one will become an Access table.
- In the next dialog box, select or deselect the check box First Row Contains Column Headings, depending on whether your worksheet has headings. Then click Next.
- Enter a name for the table (or accept the default name that Access suggests), click Finish, and click OK.
Repeat these steps for each Excel sheet you want to query.